In the past few years, streaming has taken over our lives. What once was a simple cable or satellite subscription is now an array of options from Netflix to HBO Now. The newest addition to this stream-centric world is the Roku. Introduced in 2008 by a small company called Roku, this little device fits just about anywhere and does just about everything.
Roku is a popular streaming media player that allows users to stream TV shows, movies, and games. Roku can be accessed on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or TV with an HDMI port. With thousands of channels available on the Roku Channel Store, there’s something for everyone. It just takes one simple setup process to get started, and no matter if you’re home or away you’ll have access to all your favorite content.
The Roku 3 is a media streaming player. It features the ability to access over 1,700 channels on more than 600 Roku-ready devices. This device is compatible with HD televisions that have an HDMI connection and has been tested to work on all major American TV brands. The Roku 3 box, as well as the remote control, are both very light, weighing less than a pound each.
Stream hundreds of hit movies, TV shows and more on the go with The Roku Channel, use it as a second remote, enjoy private listening, and more.
The free Roku app makes it easy and fun to control your Roku player and Roku TV™.
Use the Roku mobile app to:
• Control your Roku device as another remote
• Stream hit movies, TV shows and more on the go with The Roku Channel
• Enjoy private listening* with headphones
• Use your voice or keyboard to search for movies, shows, actors, and directors
• Cast videos, photos, and music to your TV
• Add and launch channels on your Roku device
• Enter text on your Roku device easier with your keyboard
To use certain features of the Roku mobile app, you must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device. Certain features require a compatible Roku device, and may require logging in to your Roku account.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US, UK, and Canada only.
· The Roku app is available in English only in Mexico.
* Mobile private listening is available for Roku Express, Express+, Roku Streaming Stick (3600, 3800, 3810), Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+, Roku Ultra and Roku TVs.
** Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability is subject to change and varies by country.
For more information and troubleshooting help, go to http://support.roku.com,